Due to expansion we are looking for a Teaching Assistant to join our friendly team at My Choice Children's School in Arundel.
Can you help our students to reach their full potential?
If you'd like to work in a small, supportive school where you'll genuinely make a difference to the lives of our students, then this could be the perfect role for you.
Your normal hours of work will be 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.30 am. to 4.30 pm., during term-time only. The teaching hours are from 09.00 am. to 2.30 pm. and for the remainder of the time, you will be required to work in preparation and attend meetings.
Where do you fit in?
Working on a one to one basis, you'll use your experience of behavioural management to support our students, ensuring that they are safe, engaged, and encouraged with their independent learning. Supporting the children throughout their school years, you'll develop close working relationships, helping them with both academic and vocational skills for their life ahead.
What will you receive from us?
This rewarding job will provide benefits far beyond salary, but you will also receive;
· Extensive training and development opportunities
· A Pension and Staff Perkbox benefits scheme
· Term time only working hours, enabling a great work/life balance
What do you need to be successful?
· Experience of supporting young people with behavioural issues on a one to one basis
· You'll be driven to provide the best possible service to our students, whilst supporting the teaching staff
· The ability to manage and encourage students to become independent learners, supporting their welfare alongside their emotional and behavioural development
We welcome applications from behaviour and support assistants, as well as experienced Teaching Assistants. We are happy to provide training to develop your career.
Based in Arundel, our school caters for young people from our children's homes and the wider community, with capacity for up to 18 students. We are committed to developing achievement and skills in all of our students, and our proud of our 'good' Ofsted rating, and innovative approach to learning. Further information on the rewarding work that we do can be found on our website.
A detailed job description is attached, but if you'd like an informal chat about this role, please call our Recruitment Manager, Zoë Morgan on 01444 707558.
We'd love to hear from you. If this sounds like the perfect job for you, then please click on the Apply button now.
We do not accept calls from agencies for these roles.