£26000 - £27000 per annum + benefits
A Procurement Officer is required for a busy production and distribution firm to support the Supply Chain and Purchasing functions, taking ownership of buying processes & liaising with key suppliers.
What will the Procurement Officer be doing?
- Monitor stock levels & customer demand to identify raw goods to be ordered
- Monitor usage patterns, review stock control, buying trends
- Maintain the works order process and forecast account
- Manage purchase orders and place with suppliers to progress to delivery
- Prepare and issue monthly purchasing reports.
- Maintain daily contact and relationships with suppliers, occasional visits
- Manage & purchase indirect products and services
- Manage stock to meet current demands and supplier lead times.
What does the Procurement Officer need?
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a Purchasing / Procurement role
- Live locally 10 mile radius of Guildford and drives
- Experience of material purchasing in a Production (or Manufacturing) environment
- Intermediate use of Microsoft packages
- Ambition to progress career and training
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
What's on offer for the Procurement Officer?
- Salary c. £27,000
- Hybrid working for the foreseeable - 2 days from home
- Holidays 23 days + Bank holidays
- Training program