Delivery Driver / Order Processor
£22,000 per annum
- 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday (sometimes with an early finish)
Do you have experience in working in customer service and enjoy driving? If so we have a varied and interesting role for you.
Alternatively if you are an experienced driver who would like a bit of variation and time in the office then we'd very much like to hear from you.
Bar Supplies Sussex is a family run business supplying barware, consumables, cleaning & hygiene products, tableware and bar snacks to catering and licensed venues across Sussex.
We are looking for a reliable person with experience in providing good customer service to deliver goods to our long-established customer base throughout Sussex, and assist with various administrative tasks relating to processing customer orders. As a small family business we are looking for someone who is happy to undertake a variety of duties.
Your day to day duties would include:
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Delivering goods across Sussex (45% of your week approx)
- Warehouse duties including putting away stock and loading vans ready for delivery runs (20% of your week approx)
- Taking orders by phone and email and entering them into our software (Sage 50 - experience in this would be beneficial but not essential as full training will be provided). (35% of your week approx)
- Calling existing customers (no cold calling required) to take their weekly orders and entering those into the system
- To have a full driving licence
- Fit and strong - our products range from boxes of crisps to some heavy items (eg 25kg bags of salt)
- Good level of computer literacy - typing
- Good knowledge of the local area
- Happy to work in the warehouse which can be a bit cold and equally happy to work in the office which we keep quite warm.
- A love of dogs as we have an office dog (Bertie who is a Cockapoo)
- Sense of humor essential
- Paid holiday
- Friendly and relaxed family atmosphere
- A plentiful supply of office snacks
- Free parking
- Opportunity for growth within the business (eg there is the potential to move into the purchasing side if that is of interest to you)
- Opportunity to earn commission for any upsold products sold from the van