Group Financial Accountant
Gatwick, West Sussex
Permanent, Full Time
Salary £45,000-50,000 + bonus
Award-winning global business, that is a prominent industry leader in their field, is currently seeking a diligent and commercially astute individual to join them as Group Financial Accountant.
This person will report directly into the Group Reporting Manager and maintain close relationships with the CFO and Group FC. They will hold responsibility for preparing the Group's management accounts, statutory accounts and budgets. They will act as the key interface between Corporate Finance and the Business Units in the preparation and interpretation of all financial information. Due to this, the role would be best suited to someone adept at building relationships with cross-functional individuals.
The role provides the opportunity to join an established team of experienced Accountants in a pivotal role that will offer excellent opportunities for long term professional development.
About the role:
- Completion of the annual statutory accounts for Group and the main business entity.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to parent company including completion of the quarterly footnote package. Work with the parent reporting team on implementing financial initiatives and projects.
- Liaison with external auditors on year end preparation. Tracking accounting issues and co-ordinating their resolution throughout the year.
- Assist in the preparation of the Group's monthly financial and management accounts. including all primary statements, measurement of key KPIs and supplementary schedules.
- Performing various month end tasks.
- Reconciliation of intercompany accounts.
- Monitoring developments in Group policy and IFRS. Accessing impact of any changes from a financial and commercial perspective.
- Ideally Qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA. Individuals towards the latter stages of their qualification will still be considered.
- Motivated, pro-active individual who will fully apply themselves and offer a high level of commitment
- Group reporting experience
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Ability to develop strong business relationships across units
- Good ERP system experience (examples Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, Sage 200 etc).
- Excellent Excel skills.
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.